Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
List of Posts of this series:
- How to ask your friend's address in VietNamese (21/11/2018)
- What do you do for a living ? (15/11/2018)
- Asking about ages in VietNamese and English (13/11/2018)
- Ask about name in VietNamese (09/11/2018)
- 100 core VietNamese words (07/11/2018)
- "Nice to meet you" in VietNamese and English (06/11/2018)
- Asking about health in VietNamese (04/11/2018)
- "Hello" in the many languages (02/11/2018)
Today, I will talk about how to ask your friend’s address in VietNamese. Actually, I must talk before I share post about jobs. Because I’ve forgotten, so I will talk.
In VietNam, address is included: House number- Street-ward-district-city. In the country side, it’s: House number- “Thôn”- “Xã”- “Huyện”- “Tỉnh”.
When VietNamese ask about address, they are common phrases:
- Nhà cậu ở đâu ?
- Cậu sống ở đâu ?
- Địa chỉ nhà cậu là gì ?
And answer: “Nhà mình ở…”
If Vietnamese ask foreign people, common phrases:
- Cậu đến từ nước nào ?
- Cậu là người nước nào ?
- Cậu sống ở nước nào ?
Answer: “Mình là người nước…”
In English, I see two questions:
- Where are you from ?
- Where do you live?
- I’m from …
- I’m living in…
There are 204 countries on the world:
- 193 countries are members of UN
- 2 countries are observers of UN
- In fact, 2 countries are independent and many countries agree
- 2 countries aren’t independent
- 6 countries said that they are independent and the world didn’t agree
As Article 1, Montevideo Convention:
“The state as a person of international law should possess the following qualifications: (a) a permanent population; (b) a defined territory; (c) government; and (d) capacity to enter into relations with the other states.”
Some countries wasn’t enough at (c) or (d).
There are 2 types of government which are united and unique. On the world, there are 23. For the united, between city and country are province, state, ….
In country’s name, there are form of govenrment and real name. 2 main forms of government are: Republic and Kingdom. Except 5 countries: Libya, Israel, Palestine, Myanmar, Nga.
I counted 97 languages of country. Beside, there are another concepts:
- Mainly language
- Language of local
- Language of little people
Each country has one main capital. With Postal code. For example: Hanoi’s Postal code is 100000.
About asking your friend’s address, I will update next time. Feel free to comment below.